Photographing Griffon Vulture, Birding Phtoto Trip - Birdinginspain.com
Trip duration: 3 days / 4 nights.
A photographic trip specifically aimed at nature and bird photographers centred on carrion-feeding birds, mainly the Griffon Vulture.
The Griffon Vulture (Gyps fulvus) currently has healthy populations in the region as it increased in number in the last quarter of the last century.
Beside the Griffon Vulture this photographic trip will also offer the possibility of photographing Black Kite (Milvus migrans), Red Kite (Milvus milvus), Egyptian Vulture (Neophron percnopterus), as well as different species of corvid (crows, ravens, etc.).
Species to photograph:
- Main species: Griffon Vulture – two mornings
- Complementary species: (depending on the time of year) Bee-eater (Merops apiaster), birds at feeders and drinking pools
- Complementary species: depending on the time of year (Golden Oriole, Turtle Dove, Cirl Bunting, Jay, Firecrest, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Bonelli’s Warbler, Woodchat Shrike, Thekla Lark, Dartford Warbler, Subalpine Warblers, Short-toed Treecreeper)
Price: Consult for prices for individuals, small groups and tour operators.
The price includes all transport during the trip, all meals, guiding, use of hides, and accommodation in a twin en-suite room. For an additional supplement you can be met at Reus or Barcelona airport
For more information contact Steve West - firstname.lastname@example.org
Program – 3 days (4 nights).
Spring and summer (bee-eaters)
All year (vultures and wetland birds)
Accommodation & Meals
Every aspect of the photographic trip is carefully organized: photography, accommodation, meals and transport.
The guides who accompany the participants and who have prepared the terrain for the photographic sessions are qualified ecologists, birders and experienced nature photographers.
- Photographic hides
- Vehicles for transport
- Long (min. 400 mm) and medium (300 mm) telephoto lenses+ focal converters (1.4X - 2X)
- Warm clothing (minimum 5ºC - 10ºC)
Number of Participants
Groups of three photographers (maximum) and one guide.
Other Related Activities
Alternative program for possible companions:
For companions we have prepared a a parallel circuit with gastronomy, wine-tasting, visits to castles, health and spa activities, shopping ...
(Prices according to availability and number of companions).